1) Enjoy some of the absolute best parts of a summer in Japan; 2) Bitesize...bite of Akihabara, soundtracked to the Yamanote Line platform departure tune; 3) Poor samurai...Japanese instant noodle makers create the most innovative, weird, entertaining commercials; 4) Getting our hands all up on the CASIO version of the action cam; 5) Robot, yo. Robots filmed with an iPhone, timed to dubstep, yo!
1) CASIO's Smart Outdoor Watch is here, and naturally, we've got opinions...like Android Wear is super-meh; 2) Can't go wrong with a good darwinfish105 love letter to Tokyo; 3) Senior Contributor Nayalan Moodley got to go play cars in Gunma Prefecture (his natural state); 4) Lights in girls' skirts. Nothing more to say; and 5) Tokyo's oldest sake purveyor in lovely, lovely 4K.
1) Robots, robots everywhere, iREX 2015 is in the air...and at Tokyo Big Sight; 2) How seriously do the Japanese take their holiday/Christmas/New Year illumination? MADD; 3) Of course it's only natural to cook bacon with a laser cutter; 4) 360-degree Tokyo Time-Lapse nuff said; 5) Testing the 4K chops of the iPhone 6s Plus.
1) The oranges and reds and yellows of Fall near Tokyo Tower; 2) Dyson finally unleashes its autonomous home cleaning robot on the Japanese; 3) The Japanese Star Wars trailer you were looking for; 4) The place in rural Japan where Totoro lives; and 5) Electronically stabilize your action cam, son!
1) We like robots, do you like robots? We have some pretty amazing friends doing robots; 2) Have all the Geiger counter you need in a simple dongle for your smartphone, which connects via an app; 3) Sharp made a robot-shaped smartphone because why not and Japan, too; 4) Hiroshima Cat Street View; 5) Mt. Fuji Amazing Sauce.
1) Directly behind Tokyo Tower there's a beautiful temple that should be your second stop; 2) The JVC LS-300 shoots amazing - we really mean that - amazing 4K video; 3) Game trailers for small-scale mobile games are surprisingly well made; 4) Even on dreary days, Tokyo is a beautiful city; and 5) Beautiful flowers with a Mt. Fuji Background!
1) Is that a redneck murder mystery on my smartphone? YES, yes it is!; 2) Tokyo's Shimokitazawa neighborhood in very, very lovely 4K; 3) This camera shoots high-res omnidirectional video, and no other camera can do that; 4) The most beautiful shrine in Tokyo in 4K; and 5) Attack on Titan Live-Action!
1) Small-time mobile games have video trailers on YouTube these days; 2) The Tokyo Monorail floats through the sky on these big columns right here; 3) Toyota's virtual crash-test dummy software is totally badass; 4) Shinjuku looks awesome at night [naturally]; and 5) One of the grosses things ever: Grilled Salmon Candy
The contiguous urbanization, beginning at Tokyo Bay, crawls westward and disappears beneath the sky, farther than we can see - not only by distance, but also due to the basic curvature of the earth. It’s just that vast. Okay, now double that. Twist and turn. Reflect. Go upside down and merge it all together in a videographic collage...
1) New plastic can be heated and reshaped, 2) Too lazy go out to the gacha gacha machines in meatspace? Do it online!, 3) The cloudy dreary Tokyo rainy season can also be beautiful (in 4K), 4) Draw a fish and watch it swim in an AR aquarium, and 5) SELFIE STICK KILLER DEMO!