VENTURE DAY TOKYO 2014: Japan's Next Big Ideas Debut Friday!
AkihabaraNews is proud to once again join Venture Day Tokyo as a media sponsor. We’re looking forward to the speakers, the pitches, the feedback, and the excellent networking. Jump here for a complete rundown on last year’s event.
Venture Day Tokyo 2014:
Friday is Pitch Day!
We’re pleased to report that the Japanese startup movement is getting its legs, and a great indicator of such is the continuation of Venture Day Tokyo, an event assembled and presented by J-Seed Ventures, a Tokyo-based tech management consultancy, the IE Business School Madrid, and the Keio Graduate School of Media Design.
This year’s event sponsors include Turkish Airlines, Engine Yard, Venture Generation, and Justa. The speaker lineup includes Gengo’s Matthew Romaine and Danny Choo of...well, Danny Choo has effectively become a brand!
Suffice it to say, spending half a Friday at Keio University’s Mita Campus (MAP) has game-changing potential for any young startup, and for those interesting in following the movement, or even investing, this is one of Tokyo's premiere yearly events.
- Event: IE KMD Venture Day Tokyo
- Time: December 12, 2014 - 1:00PM to 5:45PM
- Place: Keio Mita Campus West; School Building Hall
Ready to See the Bright Ideas? The New Products? The Novel Services?
The application Deadline was November 20, and now it's all on the ventures prepping their pitches for the December 12 event, where startups will be working to make an impression on:
- Venture-focused firms with potential investment decisions at stake.
- Judges made up of high-profile business people who’ll rate each startup pitch.
- Speakers from leading companies willing to impart their wisdom and advice to the group.
- Event sponsor representatives, those who've come for the networking, and other attendees.
A panel of judges will choose winners from among 10 finalists, and these qualified companies will win both prize money and travel opportunities, and make invaluable connections in the Tokyo startup scene. Click through to register and learn more about Venture Day Tokyo.
What's it lLike? Check out the Venture Day Tokyo 2013 Gallery:
[JAPANESE STARTUP & VC NEWS]
• Tokyo Tech Startups: IE-KMD Venture Day Re-Cap
• In the Economist's 16-Page Global Tech Startup Report, Japan is Mentioned Twice.
• SPECIAL STARTUP REPORT: Tokyo Team Visits Silicon Valley
• Disrupting Japan: Startup News from the Heart of the Movement (NEW PODCAST)