Sony - Alpha 5100 - Mirrorless camera with 179-point AF sensor
Mirrorless interchangeable lens camera - α5100 - will be released by Sony on September 5.
α5100 inherited the Fast Hybrid AF combining 179-point phase detection and 25-point contrast detection from the flagship model α6000. The exterior design looks like the α5000.
α5100 has an effective 24.3MP Exmor APS-C CMOS sensor, BIONZ X image processor, 3-inch 180-degree tiltable touch panel monitor (0.92MP) and Wi-Fi and NFC function. It covers from ISO 100 up to 25600.
Regarding shooting movies, α5100 supports AVCHD as well as XAVC S, and it is capable of shooting full HD movies at 50Mbps. While recording full HD movies in AVCHD or XAVC S, it can simultaneously record MP4 movies that makes it easy for you to share on the internet.
- α5100 (Body): About ¥55,000
- α5100 Power Zoom Lens Kit (with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS): About ¥70,000
- α5100 Double Zoom Lens Kit (with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS＋E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS): About ¥90,000
- Color: Black, White, Brown
- Size: 109.6x62.8x35.7mm
- Weight: 224g
- Media: SDXC/SDHC/SD memory card (UHS-I is supported), Memorystick Duo/PRO-HG Duo/XC-HG Duo