LG's New Smartphone Keyboard: Better? (VIDEO)
Old. New. Borrowed. Brown?
LG announced today a series of smart, adaptive keyboard enhancements that'll roll out with the LG G3 smartphone.
Some of the new features are perhaps novel, and some seemt to be rehashed, renamed versions of feature available on existing Android keyboards.
We're curious what you LG and/or Android users will think of the new keys.
The innovations and updates are:
- Emoji Suggestion recommends the most appropriate emoticon to represent a specific word, giving users more ways to express themselves. For instance, typing “love” will result in the Smart Keyboard recommending the heart symbol from its Emoji database.
- Application-based Text Tone Suggestion learns from users’ typing habits and suggests the most commonly used words depending on the application. For example, if the user frequently starts emails with “Dear,” then this is the word that will likely be recommended next time. But if the owner normally starts text messages with a “Hi,” then that is what will be recommended the next time the user opens the messenger app. Priority levels of suggested words and ex-pressions are dependent on how often the words are used on each specific application.
- Next Word Suggestion uses contextual analysis and studies the user’s style over time to suggest the next word or symbol, making the typing experience faster and much more convenient.
- Bilingual Word Suggestion automatically detects and changes to the correct language without requiring the user to manually switch languages. Smart Keyboard is intelligent enough to know what language the owner is attempting to type.
- Real-time Path Input lets users enter text by fluidly tracing their finger in one continuous motion across the keyboard. Smart Keyboard will display recommended words in real time as the word is being traced.
Have a watch, and let us know: How does it look? Better than iOS? Better than other Android options?
The keyboard will be available from LG Update sometime near the end of July.