Ricoh Imaging - 51.4MP CMOS PENTAX 645Z - Out June 27
Ricoh Imaging unveiled their new medium format camera "PENTAX 645Z" last month. Today they announced that they are going to release it on June 27.
The estimated price is 864,000 yen. The price seems reasonable when compared to other products with the same image sensor.
Please click here to read our previous coverage about PENTAX 645Z.
It's a model targeted at high-level amateur or professional photographers and is an upgrade on the PENTAX 645D, released in July, 2010.
PENTAX 645Z improved its resolving power with the image processor PRIME III and its low-pass filterless mechanism. As an image sensor, a newly developed 51.4MP CMOS sensor was applied, (the previous model had a 40MP CCD). The dimensions of the new CMOS are 43.8x32.8mm, which are the same as the previous model.
PENTAX 645Z features a 3.2-inch tiltable LCD monitor (1.037M dots), the first tiltable monitor for Pentax's digital single-lens reflex camera. It reaches a maximum ISO 204800 with improved noise performance.
It features a frame rate of 3.0 FPS, SAFOX 11 Autofocus, lens-shift image stabilization system and 27-focus-point layout. The shutter speed is up to 1/4000 seconds.
- Size: 156x117x123mm
- Weight: 1,470g (only the body)
- Sensor: 51.4MP CMOS with a primary color filter (43.8mmx32.8mm)
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 100-204800
- File formats:
- Still - RAW (PEF/DNG), TIFF, JPEG (Exif 2.30), DCF2.0 compliant
- Movie - MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MOV) Motion JPEG (AVI) for Interval Movie Record
- Media: SD, SDHC, SDXC memory card, Eye-Fi card, FLUCARD UHS-I compatible