Top 20 Japanese restaurants overseas revealed!
We came across an interesting ranking of Japanese restaurants OUTSIDE of Japan, compiled from feedback on "Trip Advisor" over the past year.
As sushi and other Japanese food becomes more popular all over the world, what we would call high-end "foreign-style" sushi restaurants are gaining a lot of popularity. That "foreign-style" sushi is now making its way back to Japan and Japanese people here are curious to try it - things like spider roll, volcano roll, spicy tuna roll, etc.
Have you ever been to one of them?
1. Jorudan Sushi Italy/Naples
2. Sushic Fusao Portugal/Almada
3. Sake2Me Sushi USA/Hays, Kansas
4. Sushi Rock USA/Hawaii, Big Island
5. Uchi USA/Austin
6. Kinji Japanese Restaurant New Zealand/Christchurch
7. Koi Sushi Mexico/Cabo San Lucas
8. Kanpai Sushi UK/Edinburgh
9. Wazaaabi Mexico/Cancun
10. Kotaro Chili/Easter Island
11. Oleo Restaurante Spain/Malaga
12. Ikuze UK/Gateshead
13. Raku USA/Las Vegas
14. MIISHI Sushi Club Spain/Tenerife
15. The Park Costa Rica/Playa Grande
16. The Tatami Room Spain/Barcelona
17. Kai Ika Restaurant Niue/Alofi
18. Kaori Japanese Restaurant Italy/Barletta
19. Ganbaranba Australia/Cairns
20. Sakura Japanese Restaurant Saudi Arabia/Jeddah
Are there any other restaurants that should be on the list in your hometown? Please tell Akihabaranews about a Japanese restaurant in your city that you highly recommend. We want to know.
Photos by Entabe