Nikon - COOLPIX S6600 - Compact Camera with Vari-Angle Monitor and High-Power 12x Optical Zoom
by Stephen Karnas August 6, 2013 - 17:00
Nikon announced today the release of the S6600, the first COOLPIX S-series model equipped with a vari-angle monitor.
The side-hinged vari-angle monitor gives the S6600 the ability for very flexible shooting at any angle, low to high, and easy self-portraits.
It is also equipped with a Gesture Control function that allows the user to control the camera remotely by moving their hand when taking self portraits.
- 12x optical zoom NIKKOR lens with closest focusing distance of just 2 cm for macro photography.
- Backside illumination CMOS image sensor with an effective pixel count of 16.0-million pixels
- Lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function
- The NIKKOR lens covers the wide-angle 25 mm to 300 mm (equivalent focal lengths in 35mm  format) range of focal lengths, and offers a built-in lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function
- Built-in Wi-Fi allowing easy transfer of images to smart devices
- Various shooting and retouch functions including Target Finding AF, Scene Auto Selector, Smile Timer (Continuous), Eight Glamour Retouch options, and various special effects
- 1920 x 1080 / 60i movies with stereo sound
Release Date: 2013-08-29
Price: not set
Colors: natural white, smart black, raspberry red, silky pink